Whether it’s the holiday season or just time to renew the lease, you might find yourself in need of some good gift ideas for your tenants. It can be difficult to come up with gift ideas for people you don’t know very well, but it also can’t hurt to show a little extra appreciation to the people renting your property.
We’ve come up with 10 gift ideas that would be perfect for you to surprise your tenants with the next time the occasion arises.
- A gift card to a nearby restaurant. This is an especially good idea for newer tenants, since it will welcome them to the area and help them feel more at home. Don’t feel like you have to go overboard—a $10-20 card will be enough!
- A bottle of a festive drink. Particularly appropriate around the holidays, a bottle of wine, champagne, or sparkling cider will do just enough to show your tenant that you’re thinking of them.
- A personal card. If your family sends out holiday cards, include your tenants on your recipient list. This may seem small, but it will show them that you consider them a friend and will ultimately be good for your relationship. Non-holiday cards are also appropriate throughout the year, especially when your tenant first moves in or renews their lease.
- Nice hand soap. Practical and thoughtful, hand soap is a safe gift that will remind your tenants of you every time they use it.
- Movie tickets. Movie tickets are fairly inexpensive, and who doesn’t love going to the movies? Throw in a box of candy if you’re feeling extra generous!
- Cookies or treats from a local bakery. Many bakeries offer special holiday-themed treats around the holidays. Nice baked goods are always appreciated and seem like a very personal gift.
- A nice blanket. It just seems fitting to include something for the home on this list. Blankets are easy to find, fairly inexpensive, and crowd-pleasers!
- A box of chocolates. Fancy enough to earn you lots of brownie points. Easy enough to grab on your next grocery trip. Win-win.
- A door mat. Another “home-centric” gift, this is another cost effective gift option that will help your tenants feel at home in your property. Choose a fairly plain style that most people would like, and include the gift receipt in case they decide to exhange it.
- A board game. Perfect for renters with families, a board game will be a great addition to their home. Go with a classic favorite, like Scrabble, Sorry, or Life, to make sure they’ll love it.
Hopefully, this quick gift guide has given you some ideas of gifts to give your tenants. Whether it’s a welcome gift, a holiday present, or a token of appreciation, your tenant will be sure to enjoy receiving a gift from you.
Want more help managing your tenants and rental properties? Contact Real Property Management. Our team of experts can take all the guesswork out of marketing and renting your property, so that all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the profits. Give us a call at 480-719-1243 today!