If you own rental properties, you have probably crossed paths with property management companies in the past. They may have even tried to see you on their services. But do you really know what those services are?
The fact is, many property owners aren’t quite sure what a property management company would actually do for them. If you want to know more, you’ve come to the right place. Here are just some of the services that property management companies can provide you.
Property management companies are a great solution for owners who want or need help getting their properties in front of the right people. Keeping your property full is key when it comes to staying profitable, so this isn’t something you want to take a risk on. Property management companies can help you:
- Craft the perfect listing
- Create an advertising strategy
- Advertise to appropriate audiences
- Give people a professional contact point if they’re interested in your ad
Letting people see your property can get overwhelming really fast, especially if you have a decent response to your marketing efforts. A good property management company can help you show your property efficiently and effectively. They can:
- Get the home “show-ready,” with cleaning and staging
- Take care of landscaping
- Field phone calls and other queries about the property
- Meet interested renters to show them the property
Finding the “perfect” tenant.
It can be hard to know if a tenant is going to be a good fit or not. Property management companies can help you screen tenants in appropriate ways that will help you find someone who is the best fit for your property. This usually entails:
- Explaining the application process to prospective tenants
- Collecting application fees
- Background checks and screenings
- Verifying income and rental history of tenant
- Drawing up rental agreements with the new tenant
- Reviewing the lease with the tenant
Tenants often have questions or concerns for their landlords, but landlords don’t always have the time to deal with them. Likewise, landlords may have difficulty staying on top of payments and collection. Property management companies step in to:
- Field questions about property condition, maintenance, or repairs
- Handle rent collection
- Collect late payments
- Help the owner with legal representation in case of a dispute
- Help the owner manage an eviction, if necessary
Maintenance and repairs.
Property management companies can help keep your property in tip-top shape. With connections to licensed local vendors and businesses, they can help with:
In short, property management companies can help with any and all aspects of property ownership. By maintaining constant communication with the homeowner, they can make owning a rental property, or even several rental properties, a far less painful process.
Real Property Management has been helping homeowners manage their properties for years, making property ownership less of a hassle, and more of a profitable venture! We’d love to help you rediscover all the good parts of property management, while handling all the downsides for you. Visit our website for a free management quote, or call us at 480-719-1243. We look forward to working with you!